Gentilly Park proved to be very popular with Veterinary students beginning in 1971 and eventually reached capacity the following year. In 1975, Mr. and Mrs Starr acquired land west of Auburn to develop Sandollar Park, followed by Gentilly II in 1982, and in 1991, they opened Saddlebrook Park.
Now, in 2021, we are excited to be celebrating the 50th Anniversary of Gentilly Park. In this process, we pledge to continue our commitment to on-going improvements in the services we provide our student-based residents. Recent improvements include:
- Gated access controls at Entrance of Gentilly Park
- Renovations to our Clubhouse and Pool Area
- Improved communications, using new management software, featuring customer portals
- LED entrance signage for residential notifications
- Resident appreciation events every Fall and Spring
We are also very proud to announce that our history of leadership in the mobile home industry is successfully being passed on to the next generation of the Starr family. Guy, Buck, and Pat Starr have been raised in the family business and will continue to lead the Family business with the standards set by their parents.